cambodia visa for sri lankan nationals
- Author- Shruti
- Publish Date-
Cambodia is a fantastic spot to visit if you want to take a break from your stressful routine and rest and unwind for a few days. This small country has a rich amount of beautiful locations to offer its international visitors. It is surrounded by breathtaking natural wonders and fascinating landmarks. You can also immerse yourself in the country's rich history and historical characteristics.
If you are planning a vacation to Cambodia, we are always willing to assist you in obtaining your Cambodian visa. Both countries enjoy a warm relationship with one another. According to your preferences, you can obtain a Cambodia visa for a Sri Lankan based on the type of visit and the number of entries you wish to make. Before you leave, it's better if you take all of the necessary covid-19 preparations.
TYPES OF VISAS FOR SRILANKAN NATIONALS
1. Tourist Visa (T)
This tourist visa to Cambodia is provided to Sri Lankans for tourism purposes. You can stay in Cambodia for 30 days with it. E-visa to Cambodia is only applicable to this visa only.
2. Ordinary Visa (E)
Ordinary Visa is provided to Sri Lankans to do business activities, job seeking, go to school here, and for retirement reasons. You can stay in Cambodia for 30 days. You cannot get them through an online system.
3. Official Visa (B)
It is provided to those Sri Lankan who has been invited by the Cambodian government authorities.
4. Courtesy Visa ( C)
This visa is mainly offered to Sri Lankan NGOs or other foreign NGOs who are currently holding a valid MoU with government authorities in Cambodia.
5. Diplomatic Visa (A)
This visa is provided to those Sri Lankan who are currently officers and coming here for diplomatic purposes.
Important COVID-19 rules and regulations
- You will have to present your COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
- If you are fully vaccinated, you won't have to go into quarantine.
- If you are not fully vaccinated then you will have to be in quarantine for 7 days.
- If you are aged less than 15 years and not fully vaccinated, you won't have to go under quarantine if you are with your fully vaccinated guardians.
- When you arrive in Cambodia you won't need to show your PCR COVID-19 negative report certificate.
- You will not be asked to represent your ART test on arrival.
- Health insurance is not a compulsion but advised to get one.
Cambodia E-visa for Residents of Sri Lanka
- You can only acquire a Cambodian tourist visa through this online procedure.
- Following is the information you will need to supply to fill in the Cambodia visa application on the internet.
- Full name
- Visa type
- Length of visit
- Passport details
- Entry port
- Residential information
- Purpose of travel
- Digital photo
- Appropriate email address
- If you are traveling with a minor then make sure that he/she also has their E-visas.
- You will be eligible to download your E-visa to Cambodia for Sri Lanka when your Cambodia visa application gets processed in three days.
- Apply before a few days so that you do not face any kind of delay issues with your visa.
Get entry through a Cambodian visa on arrival
- Fill out the given Cambodian visa on arrival application at the airport or the border crossings.
- Be ready with the following information and Cambodian visa requirements
- Your full name, gender, nationality, type of Cambodian visa, entry port and purpose of your travel to fill in the Cambodian visa application.
- Passport with a validity period of at least six months with two extra blank pages for receiving visa stamps.
- Your complete application for a visa on arrival in Cambodia.
- Keep two photos of passport size with a clean background and without any hair accessories or glasses.
Cambodia ports to receive Cambodian visa on arrival
- Border Crossings between
- International Airports
- Siem Reap (REP)
- Phnom Penh (PNH)
Visa from any Cambodian Embassy/Consulate
- There is not a single Cambodian embassy in Sri Lanka yet.
- You can go and visit a nearby embassy in other nations and supply all the following Cambodian visa Requirements.
- Passport with six-month validity and clear photos of passport size.
- Work permit, invitation letter, enrollment letter, and travel proof according to your type of Cambodian visa.
- You can get a visa to Cambodia according to your preference and stay there for 30 days.
Local laws that are needed to be followed
Cambodia's laws are stringent, so don't be caught doing something unlawful because you could face a lengthy prison sentence.
- In Cambodia, there is a lot of child sexual assault, so try not to get involved.
- Drug possession is banned in Cambodia, therefore don't try to buy or sell any form of drug or you'll be imprisoned.
- In Cambodia, try to stay away from airports and military installations.
- Before photographing or filming religious figures such as monks or other religious figures, get their permission.
- If you try to defame and attack Cambodia's monarchy and king, you can face repercussions.
- Avoid wearing revealing clothing in places like Angkor Wat or other temples since Cambodians are conservative when it comes to religious attire.
- To avoid penalties, don't disrespect people or lie to the police in Cambodia.
The preceding article has covered every aspect of obtaining a visa to visit Cambodia for a Sri Lankan. We can assist you in obtaining a visa so that you do not have any difficulties. If you want to visit Cambodia for tourism, you can apply for a tourist e-visa. If you are visiting Cambodia for another reason, you can apply for a Cambodian visa on arrival. If you are in another country, you can present your documents and get your visa from the Cambodian Embassy there. Make sure you adhere to COVID regulations as well as Cambodia's basic laws.