requirements for cambodia retirement visa
- Author- Shruti
- Publish Date-
Cambodia is a great spot to unwind and is well-known for being a good destination to spend your retirement years. It has been regarded as one of the most economical and greatest countries in which to spend your retirement years for those seeking a change of scenery. If you want to spend your retirement years in Cambodia, you'll require a Cambodian retirement visa. For which you have to be prepared with some documentation and know other immigration rules and policies before boarding your flight or applying for an e visa. Check this article to get all knowledge about Cambodia's retirement visa.
However, while talking about the small country which has a rich amount of beautiful locations to offer its international visitors. It is surrounded by breathtaking natural wonders and fascinating landmarks. The beautiful religious sites such as Angkor wat, captivating beaches, national parks, and incredible other attractions including various museums, Koh Rong islands, floating villages, and night markets will surely make your retired life more beautiful in this country.
What is a Cambodian retirement visa?
The Cambodia retirement visa is a type of E-class visa that can be renewed. This visa is for persons who have retired in their home country and wish to spend their days in Cambodia. If you are employed, you will be unable to acquire it because it is only available to retirees. After obtaining one you can simply apply for a visa extension to remain further.
This visa can be extended for 1 year and you can make multiple entries with it. You can apply for an ER extension for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months.
Requirements to obtain a Cambodian retirement visa extension
- The person should be retired in their home country.
- The person applying for this visa should be 55 years or above.
- You should not be employed in any company or organization.
- You are required to prove your retirement.
- You need to have enough savings and funds in your bank account to accommodate you.
Other ER extension requirements for foreigners
- Passport with a validity period of at least six months with two extra blank pages for receiving visa stamps.
- Your complete application for a visa on arrival in Cambodia.
- Keep photos of passport size with a clean background and without any hair accessories or glasses.
- Social security documents and pension papers to prove your retirement.
- Bank details or retirement fund statements to prove your capability to accommodate yourself.
- Appropriate email address to communicate regarding your visa details.
- Your travel health insurance.
READ ALSO: Cambodian visa requirements
Acquire a retirement visa through visa on arrival.
- Keep the original copy of all the necessary documents that might be needed ready with yourself.
- Fill out the given Cambodian visa on arrival application form providing all the necessary information such as your full name, reason of entry, Nationality, date of birth, type of visa, etc. at the airport or the border crossings.
- Be ready with the information and Cambodian retirement visa requirements to present at the ports and international crossings.
Cambodia ports to receive Cambodian visa on arrival
Border Crossings between
- International Airports
- Siem Reap (REP)
- Phnom Penh (PNH)
Retirement Visa from any Cambodian Embassy/Consulate
- You can go and visit a nearby embassy in your country and supply all the Cambodian visa Requirements such as your personal information and other documents there.
- You might also pay a visit to their websites to get the latest pieces of information about the process.
- You can go on walking or can also submit your Cambodian visa application through the mail depending solely on the embassy requirements.
- You can get a visa to Cambodia according to your preference and stay there for 30 days and apply for ER extension.
- It is advised that you apply for six months or a 1 year ER extension to make multiple entries with ease.
Other kinds of Cambodian visas available for you
Tourist Visa (T)
This tourist visa to Cambodia is provided to foreign nationals for tourism purposes. You can stay in Cambodia for 30 days with it and can easily apply for it online.
Ordinary Visa is provided to foreign nationals to do business activities, job seeking, go to school here, and for retirement reasons. You can stay in Cambodia for 30 days. You cannot get them through an online system. You can easily apply for extensions for staying further.
Official Visa (B)
It is provided to those foreign nationals who have been invited by the Cambodian government authorities.
Courtesy Visa ( C)
This visa is mainly offered to foreign NGOs or other foreign NGOs who are currently holding a valid MoU with government authorities in Cambodia.
Diplomatic Visa (A)
This visa is provided to those foreign nationals who are currently officers and coming here for diplomatic purposes.
COVID-19 requirements for Cambodia for foreign nationals
- You will have to present your COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
- If you are fully vaccinated then you won't have to go into quarantine.
- If you are not fully vaccinated then you will have to be in quarantine for 7 days.
- If you are aged less than 15 years and not fully vaccinated then you won't have to go under quarantine if you are with your fully vaccinated guardians.
- When you arrive in Cambodia you won't need to show your PCR COVID-19 negative report certificate.
- You will not be asked to represent your ART test on arrival.
- Health insurance is not a compulsion but advised to get one.
Things not to do in Cambodia
- Drug possession is banned in Cambodia, therefore don't try to buy or sell any form of drug or you'll be imprisoned.
- In Cambodia, there is a lot of child sexual assault, so try not to get involved.
- To avoid penalties, don't disrespect people or lie to the police in Cambodia.
- In Cambodia, try to stay away from airports and military installations.
- Before photographing or filming religious figures such as monks or other religious figures, get their permission.
- If you try to defame and attack Cambodia's monarchy and king, you can face repercussions.
This page has provided you with information regarding the Cambodian retirement visa. Please read the entire article to learn about all of the requirements for retirement visas and ER extensions. Your visa can be obtained through an embassy or as a visa on arrival. For a safe voyage in Cambodia, be sure you observe all of the rules and legislation.