guide to obtain a cambodia transit visa
- Author- Vijaya
- Publish Date-
Cambodia is a wonderful place to travel to and will provide you with an exciting experience you'll never forget. It is recognised as the Kingdom of Cambodia and is situated in the Indochinese peninsula's southern region. It may be claimed that tourism in Cambodia is keeping the country afloat as it contributes to a significant portion of its growth. Considering how much history and culture are there in Cambodia, it can be considered a very exotic and exciting tourist destination which makes it a popular transit place.
To transit from Cambodia to your destination country, a transit visa for Cambodia is a mandatory requirement. Nowadays applying for a transit visa has become easy due to the methods of application for the Cambodia Visa. This article will be providing a detailed insight into the transit visa for Cambodia and the procedure to apply for the transit visa.
WHAT IS A CAMBODIA TRANSIT VISA
Applying for a transit visa to Cambodia is another method of planning a short trip to Cambodia. It is a viable way of visiting and exploring Cambodia on your way to visiting another country. Those travelling with a transit visa for Cambodia can exit the airport and explore the country up until the validity of their transit visa.
Having a transit visa gives you a slightly different approach towards the visitation of Cambodia as compared to a tourist visa however it can give you a short and memorable trip. It is a quick and convenient way to plan a vacation in Cambodia.
READ ALSO: CAMBODIA VISA FOR HONG KONG CITIZENS
CAMBODIA TRANSIT VISA ELIGIBILITY
- A person travelling to Cambodia and then connecting a flight to a third country is eligible for a Cambodian Transit Visa. To have a transit visa, Cambodia should be your transiting nation.
- Another pseudonym for a transit visa is the Type D Cambodia Visa.
- Given that a transit visa in Cambodia has a 96-hour maximum validity period, you must depart for your final destination no later than four days after arriving at any Cambodian airport.
- The visa is issued and stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
- A registered visa sponsor, a travel agency, or a consulate must be used to submit a transit visa application.
- It is also possible to obtain a transit visa from Cambodia after arriving in the country, which is known as a transit visa on arrival.
To get the transit visa for Cambodia, you need to have a proper set of certain documents in order. The list of the documentation required is as follows:
- A passport with at least 6 months of validity.
- The passport should have two blank pages.
- The coloured passport-size photo of the applicant with a white background.
- Flight tickets to your final destination.
- Flight details of the flight to your final destination country.
- Details of the accommodation in Cambodia if booked.
- Pictures of your passport’s data pages
In case you are having trouble figuring out the documentation required for a transit visa for Cambodia, you can simply visit the Cambodia Visa and connect with the experts.
HOW TO APPLY
To receive a Cambodian transit visa, one must go through the application process. The general steps in the application process are as follows:
- Submit a transit visa application.
- Keep all the necessary documents required to apply for the Cambodian Transit Visa and upload them as required.
- Choose the best suitable payment plan and pay the application fees.
- Track your visa status and once approved, you are all set to fly to Cambodia.
In the era of this ongoing pandemic, the Government of Cambodia issued some protocols which need to be followed to have a safe and hassle-free journey. The set of protocols is as follows:
- Present a negative RT-PCR test report at the airport if you're an unvaccinated or partially vaccinated tourist hoping to obtain a transit visa.
- The test report cannot be more than 72 hours old from the departure date.
- Present your immunization certificate while applying for immigration if you have received the recommended vaccine in its whole.
- An immunization record will only be regarded as legitimate if it has been more than 14 days after your most recent dosage.
READ ALSO: CAMBODIA WORK VISA
This is a detail-oriented article which provides every aspect of the process of the Cambodian transit visa. This will help you apply for the transit visa in an easy and hassle-free way. Hope you enjoy your short trip to Cambodia.