Cambodia visa on arrival for tourism
- Author- Shruti
- Publish Date-
Travelers from different countries are getting their Tourist visas on arrival in Cambodia. You should have extra time with you when you are going to visit Cambodia and will be receiving your visa on arrival. Because you have to wait in a queue to present your application to the staff. After giving them your application, the staff will verify the document and the personal information. So, these all process takes time for each individual who is applying for their Tourist Visa on Arrival. You can get rid of this and cannot get delayed at the port of entry by applying for a visa in advance for Cambodia. The e- Visa system is a simple and easy alternative to the visa on arrival.
Guide for the Tourist Visa on Arrival in Cambodia
- The visa application is being provided to passengers on the plane itself so that you can fill out the form while on the plane.
- Travelers now have to fill out the application form with their personal details and passport data.
- You also need to carry your photographs with you.
- Submit your application at the port of entry after completing it to the immigration officials with your additional document whatever they will ask you to provide.
- Keep in mind that you have to pay the Tourist Visa on Arrival fee in US dollars only.
- The officials will ask you to wait in queue for some time until they processed your visa.
- If your detail found fake, they will reject your entry visa.
Types of Available visas on arrival in Cambodia
Following are the available Tourist Visa on Arrival in Cambodia:
- Tourist Visa (T-Visas); This visa is issued to the traveler who is entering Cambodia. They need to apply for this visa at the Cambodian border. The extension period for this visa is only one month.
- E-Class Visa (Ordinary Visas): This visa is issued to those who want to live in Cambodia for a long period of time. You have to apply for a 30 day E-class Visa at the border
- EB Visa: The very common visa for the people who want s to work in Cambodia. The work like starting a business or freelancing can get this EB Visa.
- EG Visa: This type of visa is for travelers who are visiting Cambodia for the first time for employment in Cambodia.
- ER Visa: Student gets this visa who want to join a school or university in Cambodia. They can extend the visa period also as long as they want after showing the letter to the Cambodian school.
- ES extension of stay (EOS): You can extend this visa if you are having e -class visa with you.
- K- Class Visas (Khmer class visas): This visa is issued to the descendants who enter Cambodia with a foreign passport. But you need to show the evidence that your parents are from Cambodia such as a Cambodian ID card, marriage certificate(if your spouse is from Cambodia), and birth certificate.
- A- Class diplomatic visas
- B- Class Visas
ALSO READ: CAMBODIA VISA FOR SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONALS
Required Documents to apply for a Tourist Visa on Arrival
Following are the required document that you need to have with you when applying for a Tourist Visa on Arrival:
- The validity of the passport should be at least 6 months
- There must have at least 2 blank pages for stamps
- No torn and altered pages in passport.
- The photo click must be recent, within 3 months click
- The photo size is
- High-Quality printed photo paper
- White background
- No use of accessories like sunglasses, chains, nose rings
Visa policy you must know before entering Cambodia
The Cambodia Tourist Visa on Arrival is issued at the border only. As there are the rules that less than 10 countries are not allowed to apply for visas online, they can apply for Tourist Visa on Arrival at the Cambodian border. Cambodia visa allows tourists to stay for 30 days maximum after they enter the country. If you want to stay more, you need to apply for an extension.
Visa is not required for Cambodia.
There are no requirements for visas for some nationalities. They are allowed to visit Cambodia without a visa. The policy of Cambodia stated that less than 10 countries do not need visas to enter Cambodia. All these nationalities are members of the association of southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and sovereign states from southeast Asia.
If you are leaving Phnom Penh, you don't require Cambodian transit visas. Phnom Penh is the only point to entry in Cambodia who are permitted without a transit visa.
List of countries that are exempted from the visa for short trips to Cambodia
- Brunei Darussalam
Nearly 1 million tourists from every part of the world are travelling to Cambodia every year. There is the option for both. Those who want to apply online can just visit the official website and can fill out the application for their e-visa. Those who want to apply offline, can apply at the airport after arrival and get their visa after filling out the form.
Also, consider the Covid-19 terms in Cambodia. You have to be fully vaccinated if you are traveling to Cambodia. If you are not, you have to stay in a quarantine period for 14 days after getting to the Cambodian border.
ALSO READ: TIPS TO TRAVEL TO CAMBODIA