tips to travel to cambodia
- Author- Shruti
- Publish Date-
Cambodia is a country rich in incredible locations and breathtaking scenery that is well-known among the locals. Everyone's dream is to visit Angkor Wat once and see it for themselves. Cambodia has more to offer its visitors than this. This is a destination where people go to try new things and create lifelong experiences with their friends or family. To get the most out of your vacation, you should be informed of all the places you can see, the best hotels for a comfortable stay, and some other helpful hints. All of these points are covered in detail in the following article, which you should read in its entirety.
Covid-19 Travel restrictions to be followed in Cambodia
- You will have to present your COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
- If you are fully vaccinated, you won't have to go into quarantine.
- If you are not fully vaccinated then you will have to be in quarantine for 7 days.
- If you are aged less than 15 years and not fully vaccinated, you won't have to go under quarantine if you are with your fully vaccinated guardians.
- When you arrive in Cambodia you won't need to show your PCR COVID-19 negative report certificate.
- You will not be asked to represent your ART test on arrival.
- Health insurance is not a compulsion but advised to get one.
Get your visa to visit Cambodia
The first step is to obtain a Cambodian visa, as you would be unable to enter without one unless your country qualifies for visa exemption. If you are going to perform leisure activities then you are advised to obtain an E-visa to Cambodia for convenience.
- You can obtain it by filling out a web Cambodia visa application form providing all the necessary information and documents.
- Print out the copy of your Cambodian E-visa to present it at the entry ports to stay for 30 days in Cambodia.
READ ALSO: CAMBODIA E VISA GUIDELINES
If you are planning to visit for other purposes then you can obtain your visa through visa on arrival. You will need to fill out the Cambodia application form at the airport presenting your original documents to get a Cambodian visa.
Best time to plan your travel to Cambodia
The greatest season to visit Cambodia is between November and April when you can enjoy the clear skies and relax and appreciate the scenery. You will be able to appreciate touring old temples and other landmarks because the weather is not as hot and the humidity is lower.
If you prefer the fragrance of rain, greenery, and running rivers, come during the monsoon season (May to October).
Best places to visit during your stay in Cambodia
Even if they haven't been, the majority of people will recognize the name of this gorgeous temple. This is one of the key reasons why tourists from all over the world come to see it for themselves.
It is also a Unesco-designated world heritage site and one of Cambodia's must-see temples. Among the other complexes, Prasat Thom is the most notable pyramid-shaped building.
This is the spot to go if you want to spend some time among the trees and with animals. Here you'll find waterfalls such as LA and Khin, O Taking Laing, and Southwest waterfalls, as well as rainforest, various animals, and hills.
Cambodia's capital city offers relatively warm and tropical weather all year, which is very popular with its guests. The royal palace, the Cambodian National Museum, Wat Phnom, Wat Botum, the Olympic Stadium, and the Independence and Liberation Memorials are all worth seeing.
Best places to stay in Cambodia during your visit
Rosewood Phnom Penh
This luxury hotel is one of the best places to stay and experience the amazing view of the city and the Mekong river. Amazing French and Cambodian cuisine will be served, as well as a minibar where you may sip beverages. In your classically polished accommodations, you will be very comfortable during your stay.
Because of its ancient Khmer architecture designs, this luxury hotel is regarded as a masterpiece. Your furnished rooms, swimming pool, circular dining room, holistic spa, custom equipped remorks, and other amenities will be available to you.
Alila Villas Koh Russey
A wonderful location to rest while taking in the beauty of the seaside area. You will be surrounded by natural beauty and treated with exceptional hospitality.
Song Saa Private island
This is a well-known overwater bungalow and eco-friendly luxury hotel that will allow you to appreciate nature's true splendour. You'll be able to enjoy delectable cuisine, breathtaking sunset views, a relaxing spa and massage, and excellent service.
Cambodia must eat delicacies
- Creamy Prahok dip
- Fish amok
- Nom Banh Chok
- Bai Sach chrouk
- Nhoam krauch thlong
Laws to consider for a safe trip in Cambodia
- Cambodia's laws are stringent, so don't be caught doing something unlawful because you could face a lengthy prison sentence.
- In Cambodia, there is a lot of child sexual assault, so try not to get involved.
- Drug possession is banned in Cambodia, therefore don't try to buy or sell any form of drug or you'll be imprisoned.
- In Cambodia, try to stay away from airports and military installations.
- If you try to defame and attack Cambodia's monarchy and king, you can face repercussions.
- Avoid wearing revealing clothing in places like Angkor Wat or other temples since Cambodians are conservative when it comes to religious attire.
To make your trip more enjoyable and unforgettable, read the preceding post to learn about the main prerequisites for visiting Cambodia, the finest places to stay, must-see locations, and famous dishes. Make sure you adhere to all travel restrictions as well as Cambodian laws and regulations.
ALSO READ: TRANSIT HOTELS TO STAY IN CAMBODIA