cambodia visa exemption countries
- Author- Shruti
- Publish Date-
Cambodia is a small country, but it is not that small when it comes to the wonderful places to visit here. Cambodia is unique in its own way as it offers a diverse choice of tourist places and cultural attractions in which to immerse yourself in something new. You should include Angkor Wat, one of the world's greatest religious sites, as well as sunbathing on the sands of magnificent beaches and visiting national parks to appreciate the natural environment with wildlife.
You will need a Cambodian visa that is acceptable for your trip purpose in order to visit. Some nations do not require a Cambodian visa if travelling for a short amount of time. The following information pertains to the countries that are exempt from obtaining a Cambodian visa for a limited time. Readout more about Cambodia visa exemption and check out the further procedure.
What is a Cambodian visa exemption?
The term visa exemption refers to the fact that you are not required to obtain a visa. For a limited time, the Cambodian visa exemption allows a set number of countries to enter without obtaining a visa. They can travel and enjoy their time in Cambodia without having to worry about obtaining a visa. However, depending on your travel objective, you may require a Cambodian visa if you intend to stay for a longer amount of time.
Do foreign nationals need a visa to enter Cambodia?
- Yes, foreign citizens who do not belong to a visa-exempt country must obtain a visa before travelling to Cambodia.
- Visitors from visa-exempt countries who intend to work or conduct business must additionally get a Cambodia visa that is appropriate for the purpose of their visit.
- Tourists from visa-exempt nations do not need to obtain a Cambodian visa if they intend to travel and engage in leisure activities for a period of 30 days.
READ ALSO: CAMBODIAN TOURIST VISA ON ARRIVAL
Cambodian visa exempt nation
Only a handful of countries are permitted to cross the Cambodian border for a limited length of time without getting a visa. The countries in this group are members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations and the Other Sovereign States.
The following countries can visit Cambodia to travel and relax for 14 days without getting a Cambodian visa.
- Brunei Darussalam
The names of countries mentioned below do need to obtain a Cambodian visa if they are planning to take a travel trip to Cambodia for 30 days.
Visa exemption for diplomatic passport holders
The travellers who are currently holding diplomatic and service passports are being exempted to get a Cambodian visa as follows.
Brazil, Belarus, Brunei, Bulgaria, China, Cuba, Ecuador, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Peru, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Seychelles, South Korea, Slovakia, Thailand, Uruguay, and Vietnam.
Important points about Cambodian visa exemption
- For normal passport holders, the Cambodian visa exemption is limited to at least 30 days.
- The time duration for diplomatic passport holders could be up to 90 days, depending on the objective.
- You are only permitted to engage in recreational activities and to go to various tourist places.
- You can not use your visa-exempt days for anything other than tourism, such as studying, conducting business operations and seminars, working, or any other purpose.
- If a visitor from a visa-exempt country wishes to engage in activities other than tourism, he must get a visa that is appropriate for his travel purpose.
Cambodian Transit visa exemption
You do not require a transit visa if you are changing flights from Phnom Penh International Airport. This is the only entrance point in Cambodia that permits day excursions without requiring a transit visa.
Visa for ineligible visa-exempt nations
- If you want to plan a trip to Cambodia then you can easily apply for a Cambodian E-visa by filling out the application form providing all the necessary Cambodian visa requirements and the application fee.
- You can so receive a visa on arrival after reaching the airport. You will have to get in the queue to receive an application form for your visa.
- You can simply visit an embassy in your country to acquire a Cambodian visa before your trip to Cambodia.
Where to travel in Cambodia
- Angkor wat is one of the key reasons why tourists from all over the world come to see it for themselves. It is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the oldest and largest ancient temples in the world.
- Koh Rong Samloem is a popular island located off Cambodia's south coast and is a stunning sight to behold. The underdeveloped features and rawness of these islands have made them quite famous.
- Battambang is the polar opposite of your metropolis, offering views of little towns, rice fields, and stunning rural beauty that should not be missed.
- Mondulkiri is the spot to go if you want to spend some time among the trees and with animals. This location is well-known for its wildlife, which includes Asian elephants, buffalo, and monkeys.
READ ALSO: IS A VISA REQUIRED FOR CAMBODIA
Some nations are excluded from obtaining a visa for travel to Cambodia. If you plan to do anything other than tourism, you'll need to apply for a Cambodian visa that matches your vacation purpose. To find out if you are a visa-exempt country, read the page above. If travelling is your main goal, you can easily apply for a Cambodian e visa at your leisure.